The Most Crazy Beautiful Green Flash


For some time I have been sitting and feeling
like I'm falling asleep listening to the waves.
Like I can taste the salt.
Like I can hear your unbelievable or so inspiring or so how-can- I-live that-much stories.
And now I realize I'm just sitting on the beach.
Feeling the sand turn from warm to cool to cold.
And waiting for the sun to set.
For the green flash to take over the sky, 
to remind me of something so improbable so beautiful so alive.
Thank you for being the green flash in my sky.



Happy Birthday Papí.
Felicidades mi viejo del mar.

You make me want to live a bigger than life kind of life.

 So much love.
Too much to fit into a lifetime.

 Te extraño.

The day we said goodbye to you, and let you go into the waves,
Danny asked me to marry him.  
On the way home we got caught in the rain, and right there in the street
 he asked me to spend my life with him.  




We got married in the woods in Mill Valley.



For our honeymoon we flew to Mexico with no return ticket. We went Mexicoastin' all the way to Todos Santos. We said vows in the Arbor you built. You would have loved Danny. He builds like you, naturally and with the eye of an artist.

I started a surf club at the school I work at. I've come along way since your old soft top with Cowboy at Cerritos. The water is still my favorite home and I wish I could have shared it with you more.

From the Sea to the Sea.
See you someday Sailor.

Comments

Popular Posts