Trees and Dirt, Man. Trees and Dirt.

DUDES. I am working 4 jobs right now.

I feel like I've slipped from my zen-happy-hippie-water phase from the Summer. And things have gone from mellow friend fun time and I've had to start thinking about adult stuff again. I forgot how un-fun being an adult is.

Things go wrong. People get hurt, angry, upset. You have to go to work (in my case many works). And things cost money (hence the having to go to work). OH! And you don't get enough sleep and your apartment gets messy - like REALLY messy. And you don't have time to clean it. Cause all your time is spent at work. Or trying to keep up with friends/family that get displaced so easily as you pursue the all might dollar (Damn the man! Save the Empire!). Or sleeping. Oh sleeping sounds so nice ...

So please forgive my lack of journal writing. Although I'm not really sure how many people actually read this. So, future-self, be patient. I'm still figuring out this thing called life.

BUT I am making a concious effort to try maintain some of the mental health headway I felt that I had made over the last few months. And so, in true hippie-baby fashion, I am entering an earth-centered phase of development. This summer was all about water. Surfing, swimming, zen-ing out at the beach, basic transitory loving. NOW, as I struggle for a more solid foundation (yay metaphors!), I am going to change my focus to the earth. Trees and dirt, man. Trees and dirt.

Earlier this summer as I struggled to develop and maintain my sense of self I did this trippy visualization about washing away things in my life that were hindering me from fulfilling my potential. I called it creating space, and I would literally zone out and focus on creating an actual space inside of me that was open and ready for new experiences, people, perspectives, etc. And now that I enter my earth-love-phase, I am filling this space with a green core like light. Like if I was a palm tree, or any plant really, it would be the heart. So here's to the heart.

I swear I'm not always this trippy. Actually . . .

***
With a fish tail and dove wings, this unholy longing has split me somewhere between sea and sky. So I wave my white flag at love, surrendering my pitiful attempt at capturing it for my own. Take this olive branch, and grant me peace. Let me be settled. Torn somewhere between the elements. Half in the Sea, half in the sky. With a head and heart full of fire, and blood that flows, tied desperately to the earth.

So from my ribs to my hips. I belong again to the earth. To the balance. To the heart.

***

From my heart to yours,

Rio

Comments

Popular Posts